Unaverage Musings

Comments on life and ideas, personal anecdotes, books read, television shows watched and perhaps the occasional political or social issue rant.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

An artist is born!

A monumental event occured in our household today. Millie Anne picked up her crayons and drew a picture, rather than trying to eat them as she has every other time I have given her crayons. Perhaps it was the fact that she had a blank sheet of paper in front of her rather than a coloring book or restaurant menu, but I'm more inclined to think she's reached a level of developmental maturity that seeks to communicate with crayons rather than seeing them as food. I'm definitely biased, but I think Millie Anne's first picture (the first one with no assistance from me anyway) is beautiful! I love how she picked up each crayon with a big grin on her face and a light in her eyes, lifted it over her head, and then proceeded to draw with it. I was naming the colour of each crayon as she picked it up, and she seemed about to repeat what I said a few times. She can say red, and today she said yellow for the first time (actually it sounds like "Yewow", but it counts). She definitely gravitates towards the red and purple crayons the most. Hurray for bright and cheerful colours!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Red! I imagine you like that. And may I offer a suggestion, that I didn't think of when you girls were little: Put the date and Millie's name on it and maybe make a copy of this blog entry and tape it on the back of her picture. You will appreciate being able to tell her so much about why you saved this particular picture. You've probably already thought of this, but just in case you didn't I thought I'd share it. I wish someone had with me when you were little. Love you always, Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home