Unaverage Musings

Comments on life and ideas, personal anecdotes, books read, television shows watched and perhaps the occasional political or social issue rant.

Monday, March 05, 2007

A Poem for Bryce Elliott Hunt

My son, how I longed for you to be,
to see you bouncing on your Daddy's knee!
Momma and Daddy love you so much,
oh to have you feel the tenderness of my touch.

How excited I was to know you were real,
I jumped all over Daddy, it was such a big deal!
When I told my family you were coming,
how happy they all were, such a blessing!

How I long to nuture you and cuddle you close to me,
now I know God in heaven cuddles you for me.
I love you and toward you feel such tenderness,
while I know our Heavenly Father loves you best.

How your Daddy loves you,
and sought earnestly to provide for you.
He wanted to protect you from harms,
and cuddle you sleeping in his arms.

News of you was the best Christmas gift this year,
to your grandparents who wanted to hold you near.
How thrilled they were that you'd be a little brother,
and play with your sister Millie like no other.

Hearing your steady heartbeat was so precious,
and feeling you move so playfull, so curious.
Daddy put his head on my belly while you were still inside,
and at feeling you move his pleasure he could not hide.

You have met your sister Millie,
one afternoon as I held her close to me.
You kicked your big sister
and she squirmed, for you suprised her!

I looked forward to hearing your little sounds coming from your crib,
and wiping who knows what from your little bib.
I wanted to have quiet moments just you and I,
feeding you and hearing your burps, oh my!

I was curious to see your personality unfold,
and seeing if boys are as impish as I've been told!
Daddy's wanted to hear you call his name as he comes home from work,
and to see if you share his very ticklish quirk.

How we'd love to see you smile,
and find ways to make you laugh for just a little while.
It would be fun to see what games you'd play,
and hear what you would say.

Baby Bryce, we are so sad to see you go,
we will miss you so!
How we want to play with you,
and share so much with you too.

Daddy and I know we will see you in heaven,
though we will be separate for a little while we will see you again.
God has you in His arms now,
and one day you will run to ours and we will wait somehow!

~for my son, Bryce Elliott Hunt, born into the hands of Jesus March 2, 2007.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BIG Hug!!!
    I love you,
    Heather

    p.s. my log in isn't working

     

Post a Comment

<< Home