Unaverage Musings

Comments on life and ideas, personal anecdotes, books read, television shows watched and perhaps the occasional political or social issue rant.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Aches and pains

Today we all seem to be dealing with aches and pains. Millie Anne is dealing with some unpleasant constipation and teething pain. She started having problems with the constipation last night, and I think it has something to do with Saturday. Saturday we went to look at cars to find a replacement for my Saturn. Millie spent a large portion of the day (at least 2 hours in the stroller or in a lap). We were at the dealership longer than anticipated and I gave her a couple of crackers that had a little peanut butter on them. I'm not sure if it was the lower than normal amount of physical activity or the peanut butter that constipated her. I ended up giving her a suppository last night, because she was just so miserable and needed sleep. This morning I gave her prunes to "finish" the job. She still had trouble early this afternoon and so I plan to give her more prunes (unless her post-nap diaper change is productive). Royce is finding keeping up with his homework a pain and has been having trouble with sore feet for monthes. He was able to make good progress in that department today, however.
Myself, I have a huge headache. It's been off and on since Friday. I thought it was having my hair up, but taking my hair down didn't fix it. Perhaps the weather is to blame. We had a huge rain storm last night. It's still overcast, so maybe we have more storm left to come. But, at least I'm in my pre-pregnancy jeans! My house is in reasonable order and I'm ahead of schedule on my day's work.
I'm looking forward to a long weekend away. We're spending Labor Day weekend with Royce's folks. Hopefully his Dad will be amiable and cooperating with his doctor's health recommendations. Millie should enjoy seeing her grandparents!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Joy said…

    I had a headache all of last week too! Besides Ernesto coming through, I had a hormonal reason compounding the problem! This week has been some better.

    Glad to hear you got away for the weekend, and that you found a car. It's a mini, right? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home