Unaverage Musings

Comments on life and ideas, personal anecdotes, books read, television shows watched and perhaps the occasional political or social issue rant.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Reasons I love my man...

My husband is Royce Allen Hunt and we have been married for nearly four years. I love him more than I could possibly say with words...but never the less I want to try.
I love my man...
for the cute way the hair on the top of his head curls,
for the way he tries to flatten it out (and the look on his face when he does it),
for the way he listens to me (even when I'm going on and on and on about something),
because he volunteers to change (and clean up after [we use cloth diapers]) poopy diapers,
for the way he runs his hands through my hair for ever so long (although he might be tired of it, but knows I really really like it),
for the way he looks in navy blue or army green pants,
for the way he knows when I need a hug,
because he lets me cry when I need to,
because he brings out the best in me,
for the way he gently corrects me when I'm wrong,
for God giving me such a considerate man...when I can be very inconsiderate,
for the weird inside jokes we have together,
because I can be myself around him all the time,
because he reminds me of Mr. Rogers,
because it's me he likes, the way I am right now, the way down deep inside me,
because I see God in him,
the way he gets excited about something he's discovered reading his Greek New Testament,
for the way he holds me when I'm scared or just when I'm falling asleep,
for the many times he runs out for the ice cream or chocolate I've just "got to have",
because he's not normal and is delightfully weird,
for the way he repeatedly says "Okay" or "Alright" when he's flustered,
for the way he frequently says "Oops!",
for the way he regularly helps around the house without being asked,
for the way he empathizes with the pain of others (as if he feels it himself),
for the way he loves our little girl, Millie Anne,
because he laughs at my jokes (even when I'm telling it for the 100th time!),
because he massages my sore spots when he's just as sore and tired,
for the way his glasses are always sliding down his nose,
because he likes to read,
because he doesn't get into sports (I don't have to vie for his attention on Monday nights, etc.),
for the way he can just look at me and I am enveloped in his love,
because he likes the way I look, even (perhaps especially) when I don't,
for the gentle way he confronts others/deals with conflict or concerns,
because he almost always listens to both sides of a story before forming an opinion,
because he's handy around the house,
because he knows how to fix cars,
because he's good with computers,
for the way he lights up when I cook or bake something for him,
for the way he thinks through current issues of the day,
because he give people the benefit of the doubt when I'm upset with them,
for the little hairs on his fingers,
...and so many more reasons!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love my Sharyne, my red, my snuggle muffin, my smile when I arrive at home, my chef (the greatest in the whole world), my maid, my lover, my poke in the side to enliven me, my tickle to make me laugh, my regular dose of insanity (you're such a crazy redhead I just don't know what to do), my helpmeet, my wife.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    oi vey!
    You guys are so adorable. I love the way you motivate me to have great expectations for my future unknown as yet marriage. I love how "young" you are, and that is a good thing. I love your eager energy, and your deep thoughts. I love you openness and your willingness to disagree peaceably! I love that we can share alot of time together, be it reading a delightful book, talking, or watching a movie over the phone. I love that you enjoy cooking, it motivates me too!
    I love how resourceful you are, and how excited you get about it! I love how encouraging you are and I love that you're willing to cry on my shoulders too! Thanks for being a wonderful big sister!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home