Unaverage Musings

Comments on life and ideas, personal anecdotes, books read, television shows watched and perhaps the occasional political or social issue rant.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Pregnancy limbo

I found out on February 25th that I'm pregnant, to my surprise. I had a good first OB appointment in which I got to see our baby on ultrasound, seeing his/her little heart beating. March 28th I woke up to bleeding. I freaked out, thought I was miscarrying. When I called the Dr they asked me some questions and they said the bleeding was probably caused by some over-ambitious bathroom activity the night before. I went in for an ultrasound to make sure all was well. The ultrasound showed our baby with a good strong heartbeat and everything looking normal. When I got home the bleeding had dramatically increased and so I called the Dr back. They said I was probably seeing increased bleeding because of the type of ultrasound they did (vaginal rather than abdominal) and I should put my feet up and not do anything. Friday I soaked 3 pads in 7 hours, but then the bleeding gradually diminished until it disappeared this past Thursday. Thursday I passed a large clot that scared me, so I called the Dr again. They said it was probably due to the prometrium suppository, but to rest and not exert in any way. It happened again this morning, same size and stuff. I don't know whether to feel pregnant or not. Sometimes I am sure I miscarried March 28th after seeing the Dr, sometimes I feel like I am still pregnant. The Dr keeps saying because there was a good heartbeat on the 28th and nothing looked abnormal that I am still fine. This doesn't feel/look like fine in what I would expect from a healthy pregnancy. We are trying to trust God to get us through whatever it turns out to be, whether miscarriage or a difficult pregnancy. This is not easy, but we are not going it alone. God is always with us and has a good purpose in this experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home